Positive Pressure Filtered Swine Facilities
Munters has been designing and refining filtered swine facility ventilation for many years. Our design engineers have worked with some of the top hog producers in the world leading us to our Positive Pressure Ventilation Design. This is not a new concept. In fact, Munters/Aerotech was designing positive pressure systems nearly 50 years ago. However, with the development of filtration for animal health, positive pressure gives you the best results for healthy livestock. Our latest design incorporates filters, cooling, Munters Drive VX Fans, BI28 Inlets and actuated outlet walls. All carefully engineered to create a Positive Pressure Ventilation System that will protect your animals.
PRRS (Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome) is a highly infectious virus, found in pigs, that affects reproduction and respiration. It is responsible for some of the highest economic losses in global pig production to date. Breeding companies, multipliers and centers for artificial insemination must make sure that they maintain a negative PRRS status. A PRRS infection among your herd can be extremely devastating, not only economically, but to your animals as well.
- Outdoor unfiltered ambient temperature air passes through filter wall, removing airborne pathogens
- Filtered air passes through cooling wall, cooling the air to the perfect temperature.
- Munters Drive VX fans precisely pressurize the attic with filtered & cooled air.
- Ventilation flows through BI28 Inlets responding to pressure difference from the attic to Animal Housing, maintaining a consistent pressure difference between the attic and animal housing.
- Munters backdraft shutters prevent pressure drops and back drafts in windy conditions.
- Actuator with pipe drive system adjusts curtain openings to maintain constant room pressure and provide outlet for metabolic gases and moisture.
POSITIVE PRESSURE FILTERED SWINE FACILITIES